It functions well to inhibit the growth and reproduction of many microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and viruses, that can easily grow on makeup products. It can be decanted into fine mist spray bottle, making it easy to disinfect makeup products and tools on the go. It is also used to clean tools like spatulas, tweezers, scissors, cosmetic sharpener, and eyelash curlers.
- Use Isopropyl alcohol to spot clean and disinfect your makeup brushes. Put a small amount into a glass bowl and dip the bristles in, then wipe on a tissue. Repeat until all traces of makeup are removed. Avoid the handles of your brushes as it will strip the paint away. Isopropyl alcohol dries fairly instantly.
- Isopropyl alcohol is used to dilute and activate solid makeup products (in particular SFX products), apply tattoos, and clean and disinfect makeup brushes.
- It is extremely flammable. Do not use near heat or an open flame. Do not leave in sunlight. Do not store in or near a heat source.
- It gives off a lot of fumes and should only be used in a well-ventilated area/room. Using in an enclosed area can lead to dizziness and sickness.
- If you’re using Isopropyl alcohol with makeup, make sure you hold any makeup diluted with Isopropyl alcohol away from your actor’s nose – and it will sting if it goes in eyes.